[sane-devel] Xsane Ubuntu 9.10 debug Lide 35 (genesys)

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sat Nov 21 07:13:30 UTC 2009

Le Friday 20 November 2009 15:26:59 Joachim Bergerhoff, vous avez écrit :
> ok - I produced that scan log according to allan's updated instruction:
> SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255 scanimage 2>lide35.log >lide35.pnm
>
> The log is attached, the pnm can't be read (there was no scan anyway).
>  Hope this brings us close to the solution !
>
> Joachim
>

> 2009/11/20 m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com>
>
> > There is no error in this log, so try getting a log of a scan instead:
> >
> > SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255 2>lide35.log >lide35.pnm
> >
> > allan
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 5:56 AM, Joachim Bergerhoff <agimjo at gmail.com>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Hello, I am trying to run a Canon Lide 35 from Xsane on Ubuntu 9.10.
> > > The scanner is recognised, but the dialog complains about an invalid
> > > argument when attempting to preview or scan.
> > > The debug command yields the following report:
> > > [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of genesys to 255.
> > > [genesys] SANE Genesys backend version 1.0 build 11 from sane-backends
> > > 1.0.20
> > > [genesys] sane_init: authorize != null
> > > [genesys] sane_init: little endian machine
> > > [genesys] probe_genesys_devices: start
> > > [genesys] attach: start: devp != NULL, may_wait = 0
> > > [genesys] attach: trying to open device `libusb:002:005'
> > > [genesys] attach: device `libusb:002:005' successfully opened
> > > [genesys] attach: found Canon flatbed scanner LiDE 35/40/50 at
> > > libusb:002:005
> > > [genesys] attach: exit
> > > [genesys] probe_genesys_devices: exit
> > > [genesys] sane_init: exit
> > > [genesys] sane_get_devices: start: local_only = false
> > > [genesys] probe_genesys_devices: start
> > > [genesys] attach: start: devp != NULL, may_wait = 0
> > > [genesys] attach: device `libusb:002:005' was already in device list
> > > [genesys] probe_genesys_devices: exit
> > > [genesys] sane_get_devices: exit
> > > WARNING: Unhandled message:
> >
> > interface=org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable,
> >
> > > path=/, member=Introspect
> > > [genesys] sane_exit: start
> > > [genesys] sane_exit: exit
> > >
> > > Looking forward to implementing the solution you will suggest !
> > > Thanks
> > > Joachim
> > >

> > > --
> >
> > --
> > "The truth is an offense, but not a sin"

	Hello,

	it looks similar failure to another report (see 'non LiDE 50 not working on
recently installed Debian Lenny'). There is a couple of things to try to help
resolve the issue. The first is to compile and test the latest source version
in SANE's git repository. The second is to search in system messages (with the
dmesg command) if there  are error/debug messages regarding the USB subsystem.
	I can't tell what is going wrong for sure now, but I'd like to rule out this
is not a 'USB suspend and resume' issue.

Regards,
	Stef