[sane-devel] HP scanjet 2400 question.

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sat Oct 3 05:02:49 UTC 2009

Le vendredi 2 octobre 2009 23:52:46 Andrew Randrianasulu, vous avez écrit :
> Hello all!
>
> I just powered up this scanner ( (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard],
> product=0x0a01 [hp scanjet scanner], chip=GL646_HP) as detected by
> sane-find-scanner). It doesn't work with stock sane (1.0.19), and doesn't
> work with genesys backend from http://stef.dev.free.fr/sane/genesys/ (but
> it produces log after I run ./run-genesys script).
>
> Scanner work with proprietary (?) SANE backend from
> http://www.elcot.in/linuxdrivers_download.php#Scan2400 , but i found even
> smaller package, it works too (found it on russian Linux forum):
>
> http://blog.racoon97.net/wp-content/uploads/hp_scanjet_g2410.tar.gz
>
> I can scan color pages with at least 150, 200, 300 and 600 dpi settings.
> Because this driver uses libusb - i think it is good idea to capture  its
> command stream? I'm not sure for how long I will have this piece hardware.
>
> I think I saw some instructions about capturing usb packets from Linux, but
> not sure how exactly it was done (in userspace or via kernel patch). May be
> someone here can point me into right direction?
>
> I'll attach genesys debug log, i have plans to download more recent SANE
> sources and start from them, but I really need some guidance.
>
> As you can see from log SANE thinks what my scanner was locked at the end
> (and it started to make loud motor noises, so I unplugged it fast). No
> image was received ever ...

	Hello,

	the HP2400/G2410 (G2410 is a re-badged HP2400 to my knowledge) support in the
genesys backend is still experimental since I lacke this hardware. However, I
have set up color modes for 50, 300 and 600 dpi based on USB logs sniffed
under windows. So it would be nice if you could test the latest sources
version of SANE with your scanner at 50 dpi color.
	To test you'll have to get the sources like explained at http://www.sane-
project.org/source.html . Once you have compiled them, put the attached run-
hp2400 script to sane-backends/backend source directory, open a command shell
and go to this directory. Then run it, it'll test a 50 dpi color scan and
creates a hp2500-scan.pnm and hp2400-scan.log files. Let us know the result.
In case it doesn't work, please send these files.

Regards,
	Stef