[sane-devel] Unknown SANE status code -1081075667

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 12:46:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 1:17 AM,  <carterbueford at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "easy, open a terminal window on the scanning client, and run the
> command i gave you."
>
> Does not work. I am using Windows XP and after executing the command, the
> log is empty.
> Command I used:
> C:\sane\bin>xsane 2>net.log

ahh- somewhere along the way you should have mentioned that windows
was involved. You might try asking the author of xsane...

> "SANE_DEBUG_NET=10" Where do I have to execute this command? It only works
> on my router.

this sets an enviroment variable in unix, you put it on the same
command line right before you call the program, just like i typed it
before.

> "what about scanimage on the client machine?"
> Works!
>
> "if you maintain the package, you should know how to modify the .bb
> file to add arguments to the gcc call. Something like CFLAGS="-Wall
> -Werror"
> Yes, no problem to set the flags, but I did not understand what effect it
> will have. Is this option for debugging or to solve the problem after
> compiling?

the -W options to gcc make it give more warnings at compile time. you
will have to find the bitbake logfile to see the noise.

but frankly, I am now thinking the windows compile of xsane might be
part of the problem. The easiest way to know would be for you to
install a real OS on your machine (i.e. Linux, perhaps in a VM), and
make sure that you can scan over the network.

allan