[sane-devel] Mustek ScanExpress 12000SP Plus

Anton Oleksenko razum at inbox.ru
Sun Sep 20 13:59:18 UTC 2009

> Hello,
>
> what I can tell you is that I used to own one myself together with an openSuSE
> 10.2 machine. It did not work perfectly, but at leat it did produce scans in
> fair quality.
>
> What I cannot tell you is whether SANE support for the 12000SP has changed in
> the meantime (this did happen with my HP Scanjet G2710, whose support suddenly
> disappeared in openSuSE 11.1). Look for what sane-find-scanner tells you; it
> might detect your scanner incorrectly.
>
> Regards
> Jacek

>Kawalerka za 79 000 zl!
>Sprawdz >>> http://link.interia.pl/f2348

Thanks for reply

sane-find-scanner        tells:
found SCSI scanner "SCANNER V01" at /dev/sg3
 # Your SCSI scanner was detected. It may or may not be supported by
SANE. Try
 # scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.

scanimage -L               tells:
device `mustek:/dev/sg3' is a Mustek ScanExpress 12000SP Plus flatbed
scanner

The same results I had in openSuSe 11.1

> Hi Антон,
> I am using the very same scanner since several years now - without an issue.
> However, two things to be aware of:
>
> - dmx3191-adapter: did you terminate the line at the scanner - side? Usually
> they do not use termination, however, timing may differ between windows and
> linux.
> - is this dmx3191 the one that came with the scanner, an isa controller?
> - do you have other devices connected to the controller, if so, how did you
> terminate the bus?
> The issues you are facing sound like termination and / or driver problems. If
> it is really the very very old original controller you are using - discard it
> and get yourself anything like a AHA2940 - however old it might be, doesn't
> matter, it is much better supported by the kernel and should simply work.
>
> Hope this helps,
> take care
>

> Dieter Jurzitza

dmx3191-adapter was in the box with scanner
I've never used scsi-port except scanner and now only scanner is
connected to adapter.

I think my problem is a driver problem, something wrong with settings.
Maybe timing, maybe buffer size. I hope scanner can work propely.

I've just thought about 64-bit system. Maybe problem is because of x64?