[sane-devel] Using a new backend with an old sane

Christophe Gaubert christophe.gaubert at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 22:25:12 UTC 2009

Hi every one,

I'm asking a question for someone else who owns a HP scanjet 4400C.

The backend rts8891 is very recent and isn't included in any version of
our linux distribution (Mandriva).

In the FAQ, I see it's possible to compile only one backend :
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljm/SANE-faq.html#44

But is it possible to use it with an older version of sane (1.0.19) ?
Maybe copying the involved files under /usr/lib/sane where the other
backends are ?

In my distribution, I see there is also a bunch of files
under /etc/sane.d. Maybe there's one file to put there ?

Thanks for your help. I hope my idea isn't too crazy ^^

--
Christophe Gaubert