[sane-devel] Using a new backend with an old sane

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 00:22:32 UTC 2009

it should work. you will just have to make sure to:

1. give the correct arguments to configure
2. setup the correct symlinks in /usr/lib/sane
3. copy the config file to /etc/sane.d
4. add the name of the backend to /etc/sane.d/dll.conf

But honestly, it might be easier to rebuild the entire sane-backends
package. BTW- sane 1.0.20 is more than 4 months old, what is your
distro waiting for? :)

allan