[sane-devel] Limits on TPU scan width Epson v700

Rei Shinozuka shino at panix.com
Wed Apr 28 18:47:15 UTC 2010

I have the V700 scanner and asked the same question.  Alesh Slovak of
Avasys (who develops iscan) responded:

    The device has a second TPU mode with the larger area which is
    available only through the extended command set and while epkowa
    does support this extended command set (hence the suggested
    fs-blacklist edit) it unfortunately does not support the device's
    second TPU mode. It is likely that the situation
    is the same for the epson2 backend.

There is a non-open source solution using the V700 scanner 8x10 mode
under Linux: vuescan.  I've used it since 2002 and it's a quality
product.  Using Vuescan on my Ubuntu system, I've made 8x10 scans of 36
frames of 35mm film and 12 frames of 120 (digital contact sheets).
Vuescan costs $79.95 with a trial edition to see if it works.

http://www.hamrick.com/

(note I have no financial or other interest in the software or company,
other than being a satisfied customer.)

-rei