[sane-devel] Avision FB6080 AE bookscanner

Jutta Zalud ju at netzwerklabor.at
Tue Aug 24 14:35:45 UTC 2010

I found this information in the list-archive:

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 19:38:58 Felix E. Klee wrote:
> At Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:52:55 +0100,
> Jens Gulden wrote:
> > - BUT: it scans right to one edge. Plustek claims to even have
> >   patented this "invention"...

Avision bookedge A3 scanner. The A4 version unfortunatly is not support
(it's CPU-less and thus requires an 2nd avision, avision-cpuless,
backend. I have the "SPECs", but not yet the time to write it ...

But the A3 devices are great :-)

http://www.google.com/search?&q=Avision+FB6000E
http://www.google.com/search?&q=Avision+FB6080E

Yours,

  +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45

<<

As I am planning to buy a bookedge scanner (either Avision or
Plustek, probably A3 format, if I can afford it) I have some questions
regarding sane-support for the devices:

a) These scanners have (with Windows drivers and software) a
special feature for copying books: as you have to turn the book to copy
the left and right sides with the spine near the edge of the scanner,
the software automatically turns every other page around. Is this also
supported by Sane?

b) In the archives I also found a remark that somebody was working on a
driver for the Plustek OpticBook 3600. Are there any news about this
project?

c) Is there any chance that somebody would be working on a driver for
the Plustek A300?

d) Apart from Linux support - are there any pros and cons regarding the
two scanners: Avision FB6080E and Plustek OpticBook A300? Features are
similar, the A300 is much faster than the FB6080E and a bit more
expensive, but apart from that?

http://www.plustek.com/product/A300.asp
http://www.plustek.de/web/product/A300.php

http://www.avision.com.tw/motion.asp?siteid=100407&lgid=2&menuid=10075&prodid=121182&cat=13