[sane-devel] Network Settings

Geoff Lane geffers at gmx.com
Sat Feb 20 11:06:08 UTC 2010

I've reloaded a machine that I use only as a network printer,scanner and file server.

Previously using an old version of Ubuntu network scanning worked fine, I saved
saned.conf, inetd.conf and services and transferred it to my new setup but I cannot detect
the scanner over the network.

I am using Ubuntu Hardy Heron which I think is v8.04

I use xsane on 3 linux machines and a windows version on vista, all used to work fine but
not now after reload.

On the host macine the scanner works fine also using xsane.

Is there another setting I have missed.

Geoff Lane
Welwyn Hatfield Computer Club
www.whcc.co.uk