[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 6300c I/O Errors with high resolution

Frank Lienhard frank at mclien.de
Wed Feb 24 20:01:57 UTC 2010

I have a HP Scanjet6300c.
sane-utils are the Version, that comes with Debian Lenny (1.0.19-23).
I get an I/O error every time I use the scanimage withe the option
--resolution 1200 (to be exact any resolution higher than 600). Using
scanimage without option works any time and configuration
Sometimes even seg Fault errors. I could replicate this indebendent from:
- the hardeware (tried 4 different computers and two scanners of the
same model)
- with and without the "dumb-read" option in the hp.conf file
- on SCSI and USB interface
- (on a Suse 9.2 Machine)

Is there any hope to have this corrected when using sane-backends 1.0.20 ?
And if, can I install the back-ends only, with the frontends still old
version?

Could I deliver any additional information, that might help to solve the
Problem?

Thanks Frank