[sane-devel] Snapscan Lide 35 Scanning Resolution

Nicholas Robinson npr at bottlehall.co.uk
Tue Jan 19 20:00:06 UTC 2010

Hi

I have used Xsane with a Canon Snapscan Lide 35 scanner for a number of
years. Until I switched to Fedora 11, I could scan at up to 2400 dpi
resolution. With F 11, though, the max resolution is 600. Higher
resolutions result in silence from the scanner for about 20 seconds and
then an i/o message saying the scanner failed to start.

I thought I'd read somewhere that this problem was fixed in Fedora 12,
but I've upgraded this week and applied all upgrades, but it still won't
go better than 600 dpi.

It would really help if I could get to 2400 dpi to help me examine some
ancient photographs in close detail.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Nick