[sane-devel] Visioneer OneTouch 7100 USB

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 05:27:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Mark Adams <madams9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sane 1.0.20, Mandriva 2010.0 (kernel 2.6.31.13-server-1mnb)
>
> I have a Visioneer OneTouch 7100 USB scanner. According to  the Sane
> Compatibility list  this scanner is supported. I can't get it to work. I
> can't even get XScanimage to open. It just aborts.

You are using an old version of SANE. 1.0.21 came out in April, and
probably if you look at the revision of the backends you will find the
scanner supported in that version, not the version with 1.0.20. You
can install the latest SANE in /usr/local/src if you do not want to
uninstall the older version that comes with your distribution.

Regards,
Gernot