[sane-devel] What happens with Epson support?

Mogens Jæger mogensjaeger at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 11:04:19 UTC 2010

Hello list

I have for some years now used my Epson Perfection 2450 Photo (or -
GT9700F) scanner without any problems, on my Linux 64 bit machine.

But since I upgraded to the new Suse 11.3 (sane-backends 1.0.21), the
scanner does not work. No matter if I use the old (=no longer
maintained?) 'epson' or the newer 'epson2' drivers.

I tried to use the driver from package 'iscan-free' - no help.

The scanner gets recognized by setup, but at use, different types of
errors, mostly Xsane just terminates.

I started to go backwards in 'history', and when I reached sane-backends
1.0.19-99, it works again.

Why this - is it a bug, and where/how to go on?

Thanks in advance.

Mogens Jæger