[sane-devel] [Regression] libsane-extras doesn't work any more with EPSON PM-A820

YannUbuntu yannubuntu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 01:25:34 UTC 2010

2010/4/27 Yann Ubuntu <yannubuntu at gmail.com>:
> (..)
>> Yann- you might be in luck. No need to
>> install libsane-extras, if you can upgrade libsane to 1.0.21.
>

> Thank you all for your answers.
> For the moment my scanner works, so I am not in hurry, but I am ok to
> check with libsane 1.0.21 .
> I saw http://www.sane-project.org/snapshots/ , but i hate compilation
> as i don't know how to easily cancel it.
>
> Is there a DEB or a PPA to easily upgrade libsane to 1.0.21 ?
>
> ~Yann

Dear all,

Thanks to Robert Ancell's PPA, I could instal libsane 1.0.21 (
http://ppa.launchpad.net/robert-ancell/sane-backends/ubuntu/pool/main/s/sane-backends/libsane_1.0.21-2ubuntu1_i386.deb
) on Ubuntu 10.04.
I also completely removed my libsane-extras and sane-utils packages.
 I confirm my EPSON PM-A820 multifunction's scanner now works again
with libsane 1.0.21 !

It also works if i install sane-utils and/or libsane-extras.

Thank you again Robert, and all people who participated to this discussion.
Hope that libsane 1.0.21 will soon be in the Ubuntu's repository !

Best regards
~Yann