[sane-devel] Testing on Canon MF6580PL

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Fri Jun 18 16:22:08 UTC 2010

Here is a suggestion.  Since twain-sane binary seems to work better for you,
perhaps it has a patched version of libusb that works around some OSX bug.
Try comping and installing its version of libusb such that your git
sane-backends links to it:

http://www.ellert.se/PKGS/libusb-2009-09-10/src/libusb-2009-09-10-svn-macosx.tar.gz

If you compile and install with --prefix=/usr/local then be sure and add
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include to your sane
configure command line.

After that, if its still failing then turn on USB debug options.

export LIBUSB_DEBUG 255
export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB 255

Chris