[sane-devel] Where do I get the SANE support on Sun SPARC for HP 5590 Scanner

Omar Halaseh omar at omnix.ae
Sun Mar 7 11:35:09 UTC 2010

Many thanks for your prompt help Ilia. I really appreciate it.
Actually we are trying to write a simple front end solution within
Active/X to interact with scanners connected to SunRay thin clients
running on Solaris servers.
We'll take a look at the documentation and try to make use of ready made
components as much as possible. Isn't there any Windows libraries that
will help in building a frontend that doesn't rely on Cygwin?

We've tried some of the windows frontends such as XSane, and scanimage
that accompanies it. The SANE libraries accompanying it seems to be of
an older version "1.0.16". We get an error "Can't determine the option
count." Is this error due to a difference in the version numbers of the
network protocol. We're using the "net" backend to communicate with the
scanner remotely and the backend at the server is 1.0.20.

I have another question. Do you know if we can use SANE with fingerprint
reader devices such as U.ARE.U 4500 fingerprint readers from Digital
Persona:
http://www.digitalpersona.com/developer/U-are-U-Fingerprint-Readers/U-are-U-4500-Reader/4500-Reader/

Best Regards
--Omar