[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 90 or replacement cheap scanner

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Fri Mar 12 14:03:24 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,

I've looked through the lists for info about sane with a Canon LiDE 90.  It
looks like Guillaume Gastebois was working hard on it in 2008, but got bogged
down in undocumented details.

Is there any hope that this will ever work?  I don't have the coding skills to
help.

Alternately, is there any currently available low cost scanner that has good
sane support.

The Epson V300 needs a special driver that probably won't work on the arm box
(QNAP Ts219P NAS with Debian) that I plan on use for my scanner server.

The HP G3110 has "basic" support only.

The Canon LiDE 100 and 200 have no support, and probably no hope for support.

Mark