[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 90 or replacement cheap scanner

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 15:07:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:03 PM, Mark J. Small <msmall at eastlink.ca> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I've looked through the lists for info about sane with a Canon LiDE 90.  It
> looks like Guillaume Gastebois was working hard on it in 2008, but got bogged
> down in undocumented details.
>
> Is there any hope that this will ever work?  I don't have the coding skills to
> help.
>
> Alternately, is there any currently available low cost scanner that has good
> sane support.

I don't know what low cost means in your area, nor whether these
models are available, but virtually all the Canon MP series up to the
700 series at least are supported (I have an MP710, the MP610 is
famous for Nicolas's work), including ADF on machines that have such a
feature, don't know about the latest on the 900 series.

Also, there are a couple of nice single-cable Canon USB scanners that
are perfect under linux: I have the N1240U, I think the N656U is also
supported. These are older now, maybe 4-5 years old but might be
available 2nd hand.

Regards,
  Gernot Hassenpflug