[sane-devel] CanoScan 5000F support?

xy abi1789 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 22 18:39:23 UTC 2010

> This is a 1M * 16 SDRAM (512k * 16 bits * 2 banks):
> http://theplanet.chipdocs.com/datasheets/datasheet-pdf/TMT/T431616A-7.html
>
> Is it possible there is another chip on the other side of the
> board---I think that there are often 3 main chips. Still , if not,
> maybe now you could get a USBsnoop under windows (simply lowest
> resolution, small area maybe 1 inch by 1 inch, all automatic settings
> turned off)?
>
> Best regards,
> Gernot Hassenpflug

You are right, it seems like there is a third chip on the bottom side.
But it is very hard to get to it, and I don't think I could do this
without risking to destroy something.

But I made some USB-Sniffs.
While doing this, I noticed the logfile grows to lots of megabytes in
some seconds of idle state.
It seems like the host is continously sending the numbers from 0 to 255.
Is there some tool to edit usbsnoop logfiles? It would be difficult to
delete the boring parts with sed/awk and I definitely can't distribute a
50Mb logfile.

PyroPeter