[sane-devel] Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB 1200 PRO

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 07:46:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:11 AM, scar <scar at drigon.com> wrote:

> thank you all so much for the assistance.
>
> i did change the lines in mustek_usb2_asic.c around line 3520 to:
>
> static unsigned short ProductID = 0x040b;
> static unsigned short VendorID = 0x055f;
>
> finally, i just had to run ./configure --enable-pthread :P  make and
> sudo make install... indeed everything is already put into /usr/local
> (the configure script told me it would too).
>
> i re-plugged the USB cable and tried /usr/local/bin/sane-find-scanner
> and it detects the scanner like before (thinking it is an HP, etc.)  but
> still 'sudo /usr/local/bin/scanimage -L' doesn't detect anything....

SANE_DEBUG=255
SANE_DEBUG_SANEI=255
SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255
and something forthe mustek (check the man page for it):
SANE_DEBUG_<backend_name_here>=255

The backend must detect the scanner if the Pid and Vid are correct, so
if you enable the debug symbols you can see where it goes wrong:
without debug it may not output that if "found" the scanner because
something goes wrong with the initialization perhaps?

Regards,
Gernot