[sane-devel] scanimage 1.0.20 hangs on Solaris 10/SPARC (pixma backend)

Patrick Simmons linuxrocks123 at netscape.net
Wed May 12 07:13:33 UTC 2010

Hey, I'm back.

I tried the LIBUSB_DEBUG thing and got the following:

psimmons at SimmonsSystems:~$ export SUN_LIBUSB_DEBUG=3
psimmons at SimmonsSystems:~$ scanimage --format=tiff
usb debug level is 3
reading entry .
reading entry ..
reading entry libusbugen.so
did not load /usr/sfw/lib/libusb_plugins:libusbugen.so
reading entry libusbugen.so.1
reading .so file /usr/sfw/lib/libusb_plugins:libusbugen.so.1
Path is /usr/sfw/lib/libusb_plugins/libusbugen.so.1
load_plugin: modname is libusbugen.so.1
usb_open: pindex = 0
usb_open: pindex = 0
usb_open: pindex = 0

Any clues what could be wrong?  Please CC me as I am not on the list.

Thanks for any help,
--Patrick