[sane-devel] Canoscan 8800F

Kurt Rosenfeld hardware at ee-mail.engr.ccny.cuny.edu
Thu May 13 02:30:47 UTC 2010

SANE People,

I bought a Canon Canoscan 8800F but have not been able to get it
to work.  This is the stderr output with SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=21:
	http://acm.poly.edu/~kurt/scanimage-T_debuglevel21.txt
The OS is Linux 2.6.33.2 x86_64.  It failed in FreeBSD as well.
The stderr output without setting SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA the following:

scanimage: scanning image of size 638x877 pixels at 24 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring RGB frame, 8 bits/sample
scanimage: reading one scanline, 1914 bytes...  FAIL Error: Error during
device I/O

I see in http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-mfgs-cvs.html#Z-CANON
that it is completely supported.  What am I doing wrong?
thanks, -kurt