[sane-devel] Epson Artisan 710 support

Alesh Slovak alesh.slovak at avasys.jp
Fri May 14 02:01:05 UTC 2010

On 05/14/2010 10:40 AM, Grant wrote:
> Thank you for writing.  I'd love to be able to fix this.  Is "Image
> Scan!" synonymous with the epkowa backend?

Image Scan! is a frontend for exclusive use with the epkowa backend. It is
developed in tandem with the epkowa backend and available on the Avasys website [1].

> You mention image processing.  Does that mean I should be able to fix it
> by way of configuration somehow?
That depends on the frontend you are using. With Image Scan! there is no way to
configure the image processing directly. However, you can influence it
indirectly by adjusting various settings available in the UI. One such setting
is the "Image Type" setting. I don't know about xsane.

> xsane is my frontend.  Could that have anything to do with it?
It's certainly possible. You could try using Image Scan! and/or scanimage to see
if you get different results.

[1] http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/download/

Happy scanning,
--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak at avasys.jp          http://avasys.jp