[sane-devel] support for Canon MG8150

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 10:45:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Ralph Gauges
<ralph.gauges at bioquant.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> Hi Gernot,
>
> I did what you suggested and I do have a log file with debug output which is
> rather long.
> Should I really send this to the list? And if yes, should I add the log file
> as an attachment or should I include the log output in the mail itself?

Hi,

Please send it to me, I'll take a look. For completely, please let me
know also the specs of your OS distribution.

> I also noticed that the scanner is accesses as long as the usblp and the
> usb_storage kernel modules are loaded.
> As soon as I remove either one, scanimage -T gets a timeout when accessing
> the device. I don't know if that is significant.

I think for modern distributions no-one should need to touch any
kernel modules. USB devices should simply work. But some USB-related
packages must be installed---these should be dependencies of
sane-backends for your distro anyway though.

Regards,
Gernot