[sane-devel] Canon CanoScan LiDE 100

Mauro Torrez maurotorrez at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Oct 28 00:10:41 UTC 2010

El mié, 27-10-2010 a las 16:34 -0400, m. allan noah escribió:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:58 PM, stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:
> > Le Wednesday 27 October 2010 19:17:10 Mauro Torrez, vous avez écrit :
> >> Hi people,
> >>
> >> in my wokplace they have acquired a new Canon CanoScan LiDE 100 scanner,
> >> it works perfectly using the Genesys backend, but there are a few
> >> glitches I'd like to ask you about:
> >>

> >> First, the default color gamma, brightness, contrast is too dark. This
> >> is not a problem if using XSane, as it lets you adjust them, but when
> >> using e.g. Simple Scan, which doesn't let you adjust those values by
> >> hand, the result is not good. Skanlite also has trouble correcting
> >> color.
> >>
> >> So my first question is: is there a way to set the default
> >> gamma/brightness/contrast so that they're corrected when scanning from
> >> any program? (setting them on the backend, or something like that)
> >>
> >> I know it's Simple Scan's fault, but users prefer it to using XSane,
> >> especially for generating multi-page PDFs.
> >>

> >> Second, the scanner buttons. The output of scanimage --help is the
> >> following:
> >>
> >> Usage: scanimage [OPTION]...
> >>
> >> Start image acquisition on a scanner device and write image data to
> >> standard output.
> >>
> >> Parameters are separated by a blank from single-character options (e.g.
> >> -d epson) and by a "=" from multi-character options (e.g.
> >> --device-name=epson).
> >> -d, --device-name=DEVICE   use a given scanner device (e.g.
> >> hp:/dev/scanner)
> >>     --format=pnm|tiff      file format of output file
> >> -i, --icc-profile=PROFILE  include this ICC profile into TIFF file
> >> -L, --list-devices         show available scanner devices
> >> -f, --formatted-device-list=FORMAT similar to -L, but the FORMAT of the
> >> output
> >>                            can be specified: %d (device name), %v
> >> (vendor),
> >>                            %m (model), %t (type), %i (index number), and
> >>                            %n (newline)
> >> -b, --batch[=FORMAT]       working in batch mode, FORMAT is `out%d.pnm'
> >> or
> >>                            `out%d.tif' by default depending on --format
> >>     --batch-start=#        page number to start naming files with
> >>     --batch-count=#        how many pages to scan in batch mode
> >>     --batch-increment=#    increase page number in filename by #
> >>     --batch-double         increment page number by two, same as
> >>                            --batch-increment=2
> >>     --batch-prompt         ask for pressing a key before scanning a page
> >>     --accept-md5-only      only accept authorization requests using md5
> >> -p, --progress             print progress messages
> >> -n, --dont-scan            only set options, don't actually scan
> >> -T, --test                 test backend thoroughly
> >> -h, --help                 display this help message and exit
> >> -v, --verbose              give even more status messages
> >> -B, --buffer-size=#        change input buffer size (in kB, default 32)
> >> -V, --version              print version information

> [...]

Thank you for your answers, I'm new to the list, and have no idea where
the "old CVS tree" is to be found, so any more help on this sane-based
button reading daemon would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the last scanbuttond release is from 2006, so I guess I'll be out
of luck trying to get it to work.

Regards,
Mauro.