[sane-devel] canoscan 300 scsi scanner not detected

Denis Prost denis.prost at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 28 10:37:08 UTC 2010

  Hi everyone,

I've got a problem with my canoscan 300 scsi scanner.
though it appears in sane-find-scanner output :
--------------
found SCSI scanner "CANON IX-03035B 1.01" at /dev/sg3
   # Your SCSI scanner was detected. It may or may not be supported by
SANE. Try
   # scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
whatever GUI I use (xsane, kooka, simple-scan...), these softwares don't
detect it, the only scanner they detect is my webcam.
To solve the problem, I have to do by hand "ln -s /dev/scanner /dev/sg3"
each time I plug my scanner in.
But that does not seem to be a very clean solution. Is that normal ?
Thanks,
regards,

Denis