[sane-devel] update to MP960 support

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 16:16:15 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug
<aikishugyo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,

A further update to the MP960: completion.

> For TPU the scanner produces true 4800dpi pixels. I need to experiment
> with x and y positioning still in TPU mode, but image reconstruction
> is at least solved in the code.

It seems I was mistaken, the TPU like the flatbed uses 4800dpi pixels,
doubles them (so resolution down to 2400dpi), and takes 2 images which
are interleaved. They are not exactly the same, but some discrete
changeover every 4 pixels is certainly visible at high magnifcation.

A further change needed was that this generation 2 scanner behaves
like a generation 3 device in TPU mode, with minimum hardware
resolution 300dpi.

Scans are now possible in TPU and flatbed modes at all resolutions:

flatbed: 75, 150, 300, 600, 1200, (2400, 4800)
TPU: 300, 600, 1200, (2400, 4800)

Hopefully the code can soon be submitted for review.

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug
--
ISP Asahi-Net: http://asahi-net.jp/en/