[sane-devel] Pixma Backend for Canon MF6560

Stefan Maier sms at trackerorgan.com
Mon Sep 20 17:59:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just got a very reasonably priced Canon MF6560 that I would like to
use in combination with an older iMac G5 running OSX 10.4.11.

I noticed that the SANE community is looking for testers for the MF
6500 series. I am not a programer but have used the Terminal and the
Console occasionally and would like to work with someone on making
the PIXMA Backend work for this machine.

I tried to scan from Photoshop, Word and the Terminal. In each case
the scanner motors seem to do a 'get ready dance'. But then then
process hangs and I have to force-quit (Photoshop and Word) or open a
new Terminal window to recover. No no new file is created.

If anyone can tell me what do to next I am ready to try....

Stefan