[sane-devel] Programming a backend for the HP4010 Scanner

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Sep 27 11:31:23 UTC 2010

Le Sunday 26 September 2010 09:54:35 Eneko Zubia, vous avez écrit :
> Hi Roland,
>
> I just found your message about programming a backend for the HP G4010
> scanner and I am wondering if you have made any progress in all this time.
>
> I would like to cooperate a somehow but I warn you I don have much time for
> it. You know, babies and that.
>
> Do you mind sharing those specs for the GL841, GL842 and GL843 chip?
>
> Regards
> Eneko

	Hello,

	these PDF are freely available from the genesys corporate site or from
various datasheet providers. Have you tried to check the exact chip used by
the G4010 ? The G4050 I am currently working on is using a gl843. I am going
to commit code to bring 200 and 300 dpi scans for it. It will be interesting
to see how it behaves with the G4010.
	BTW, when the scanning head of the G4050 is away from its parking
position, I can clearly see the GL843 printing on the PCB inside the scanner.
May be you could try to look at it to check it is also GL843 based.

Regards,
	Stef