[sane-devel] Using SANE to bring "old" scanners to life under Windows 7

Jutta Zalud ju at netzwerklabor.at
Mon Apr 4 17:11:05 UTC 2011

am Sonntag, 03. April 2011 um 20:07 schrieb Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza:

> Am Sonntag, 3. April 2011, 19:39:19 schrieb Rowan Collins:

>> I've been trying to look around and understand the current status of SANE
>> for Windows systems, and whether I could use it in some form on a Windows 7

> Hi Rowan,
> put a linux live CD in your CD-drive, boot and scan :-) Xsane will be your
> friend.

And then use Virtualbox to get a permanent Linux-Installation for your
scanner on your Win 7 host. Passing USB trhough from host-machine to
client-machine may be tricky, but it worked well with my scanner (not
so good with a printer and not at all with graphic pads). That's how I
keep using my old Canon Lide 50.

Best regards,
Jutta