[sane-devel] Scanning from fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 Error during device I/O

Markus Golser elmargol at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 8 07:11:24 UTC 2011

I just did some benchmarkung it takes 18 seconds to scan a A4 600DPI
color duplex page.
4878*7046 600DPI 24bit color on windows. And 1 minute or more on linux

if I use scanimage like this "scanimage -b -B -d fujitsu --source "ADF
Duplex" --mode color --resolution 600" it seems to work.

The -B or --buffer-size changes the input buffer size from 32KB to the
number kB specified or
       1M.
I guess this confirms that the problem is buffer related. I'm going to
try git now.