[sane-devel] Scanning from fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 Error during device I/O

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Tue Feb 8 08:06:45 UTC 2011

> I just did some benchmarkung it takes 18 seconds to scan a A4 600DPI
> color duplex page.
> 4878*7046 600DPI 24bit color on windows. And 1 minute or more on linux
>
> if I use scanimage like this "scanimage -b -B -d fujitsu --source "ADF
> Duplex" --mode color --resolution 600" it seems to work.
>

> The -B or --buffer-size changes the input buffer size from 32KB to the
> number kB specified or
>        1M.
> I guess this confirms that the problem is buffer related. I'm going to
> try git now.

Interesting. I'm going to test with our S510 later today. What I remember
is that the S510 was always quite slow. We even have an S300 (which is not
really a Fujitsu scanner) and it is much faster than the S510.
I remember the -B option, but wasn't there something to be careful about
it? I will of course also try it but IIRC there is something about it,
maybe not all backends work well with it?

I will try 1.0.20, 1.0.21 and current GIT to see if there is a difference.

Simon