[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 8270 / Avision backend / ok but strange issue

Mike Kelly mike at piratehaven.org
Sat Jan 8 02:08:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

That's great news, I've been hoping for a report on this scanner.  I'm
glad to hear that it works.  The only outstanding issue might be high
resolution scans.  Could you run a high resolution scan test?

env SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=7 scanimage --resolution=4800 2> debug.log >
bigfile.pnm

and send me the debug.log file?

As for having to run as root, it sounds like a permissions issue with
the udev system.  Probably, when the scanner is connected, the device
file is not given normal scanner permissions because it is not
associated with scanning in the config files.  I must confess that
I've never had to mess with this stuff, but there are others on the
list who have.  This should be easy to fix.  In fact, I believe that
there is a file in the source tree which helps udev configure
scanners, so you might need to install that.

Mike
(:

On Jan 7, 2011, at 23:44, Olivier Crouzet <olivier.crouzet at univ-nantes.fr