[sane-devel] HP ScanJet G2410

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Jan 10 05:53:54 UTC 2011

Le Friday 07 January 2011 10:58:10 Armin Fuerst, vous avez écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get HP ScanJet G2410 working with SANE,
> USB-Identification: usb 0x03f0 0x0a01
> I've tried following drivers:
> genesys
> hp3900
> hp4200
> hp5400
> hp
> hp_rts88xx
> hpsj5s
>
> Following drivers didn't even list the scanner in xsane:
> hp5400
> hp
> hp_rts88xx
> hpsj5s
>
> hp3900 hangs during init
> hp4200 hangs during acquisition of preview
> genesys always acquired the same preview (left half white,
> right half black). And the noise the scanner makes during
> scanning is horrible.
>
> Is there anything I can try to help you support this scanner?
>
> Armin
	Hello,

	the G2410 is a slightly modified HP2400, so could be supported by the
genesys backend since it is based on a GL646. Only some resolution are
working, what is left is to add the missing ones and tune calibration. In my
opinion, there is no much coding needed (only adding entries in some built-in
tables) and much testing left.

	Over the past 2 years, this subject came quite often. You can find in the
archives of the list several mails about the work left, and how I think it
could be done. Basically it consists in studying how the scanner works under
windows through USB activity recording, then use these data to adapt code in
genesys_gl646.c

Regards,
	Stef