[sane-devel] CanoScan 700F

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Jul 11 05:22:22 UTC 2011

Le samedi 9 juillet 2011 13:22:55 Sebastian Reinhardt, vous avez écrit :
> Am 26.05.2011 06:56, schrieb stef:
> > 	Hello,
> >
> > 	I'm currently completing 2400/4800 dpi support for LiDE 200. I bug
> > 	fixing
> >
> > a few things, so I haven't currently any time for the 700F. Maybe in
> > about a month.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > 	Stef
>
> Hi stef,
>
> Do You have any free resources for continuing with this driver project?

	Hello,

	I'll have time to look at it after my holidays. However, since most of
the develoment time is testing, and that I have no 700F at hand, I'm afraid
this will take some time. You'll have to test the code changes I'll do, them
send me back the tests logs.
	One thing you can right now do is to compile and test the latest genesys
backend version to get a starting point. By using the appended script, you'll
be able to run a compiled version without installing it (ie no 'make
install'). It  outputs a rl.pnm and rl.log file. Please send them to me. The
script has to be placed and run in the backend subdirectory of SANE's sources.
	Another thing is to record with usbsnoop a 4800 dpi scan done under
windows. The Usbsnoop.log file will be huge but can be reduced by selecting a
very small scan area. Compress it and send it (or post it somewhere) to me.

Regards,
	Stef