[sane-devel] VEHO film scanner test application started

Glenn Howald glenn.howald at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:24:26 UTC 2011

I am starting work on testing my transparency scanner (with a desire to get
it to work as a scanner or camera under Linux) because it is no longer
supported under Windoze 7.

lsusb returns:

ID 05a9:1550 OmniVision Technologies, Inc. VEHO Filmscanner

So far I am reverse engineering the commands from USB dumps on my Windows XP
machine.

This "scanner" sends its data as isochronous USB transfers, and so far I can
see data with my little test program.

This is simply a notice that I am starting some development of SANE support
for this scanner.

Anyone have suggestions for a back-end to use as a model for this type of
USB support?

Thanks,
Glenn Howald