[sane-devel] mustek A3 1200 usb pro

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 00:41:59 UTC 2011

yes- this comes up fairly frequently, as it's the only cheap A3
machine, and the manufacturer promises Linux support which turns out
to be broken, or a possible GPL violation, or both :(

So, let's do this the FOSS way. Get a log of the scanner making a
small, low resolution scan using this tool:

http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/

and put a compressed copy of the image and the log somewhere we can
reach it. The complexity of the protocol will decide our next move.

allan