[sane-devel] How to enable 48 bit color depth?

Dale Mosby dale at archcape.com
Tue Jun 21 01:06:31 UTC 2011

Thank you for the suggestion. I gave scanimage a try setting depth to 16
and that did indeed work. Thanks to another suggestion I can use krita
to manipulate the images as well as verify the color depth.

I tried xsane once again and found that by selecting "show standard
options" I can choose bit depth of 8 or 16. I am quite sure that back
when I was testing with the previous scanner (HP ScanJet) the color
depth option was on the main window. However this may have been with an
earlier version of xsane installed on an earlier Ubuntu distribution.

So at this point I have an open source solution to scanning and cropping
which is great. I am getting many messages saying "Error during CMS
conversion: Could not open Scanner ICM profile". I get quite a few hits
on that with a Google search so suspect I will be able to eliminate that
message.

Thanks for the assistance. -- Dale