[sane-devel] xscanimage crashes with my Epson Stylus Office BX525WD

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Thu Jun 30 23:42:16 UTC 2011

Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> writes:

> No interest?

Very little.  Seems to be a problem with xscanimage.  For GIMP plugins
you may want to try xsane or iscan.  The former should be packaged for
Xubuntu, the latter is available via

  http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/download/

Select the All-in-Ones and use your browser's search function to find
the BX525WD.

> On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> xscanimage always crashes when I try to scan from my Epson Stylus
>> Office BX525WD.
>> How can I help fixing this?
>>
>> It is detected:
>> tingo at kg-u35jc:~$ scanimage -L
>> device `epson2:net:10.1.161.8' is a Epson PID 085E flatbed scanner
>> but xscanimage crashes:
>> tingo at kg-u35jc:~$ SANE_DEBUG_XSCANIMAGE=4 xscanimage epson2:net:10.1.161.8
>> [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of xscanimage to 4.
>> [xscanimage] main
>> [... snip ...]
>> [xscanimage] scan_dialog
>> Segmentation fault
>>
>> I'm running Xubuntu 10.10:
>> tingo at kg-u35jc:~$ uname -a
>> Linux kg-u35jc 2.6.35-28-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 18 18:42:20
>> UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> Simple scan works, but I want to use xscanimage because it is the GIMP plugin.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962