[sane-devel] Fwd: Scanner DocketPORT 468

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue May 31 04:50:09 UTC 2011

Le lundi 30 mai 2011 12:17:05 Enma Ai, vous avez écrit :
> The only model that seems to be "compatible" is Docketport 467.
>
> ## Files modificated:
>
> File: /etc/sane.d/genesys.conf
>      # Syscan DocketPort 467
>      usb 0x1dcc 0x4812 -----> usb 0x1dcc 0x4817
>
> File: /sane-backends/backend/
> genesys_devices.c
>      {0x1dcc, 0x4812, &syscan_docketport_467_model} ----> {0x1dcc, 0x4817,
> &syscan_docketport_467_model},
>

> I managed to scan with xsane and with the command line scanimage.
>
> scanimage -L
>      device `genesys:libusb:002:004' is a Syscan DocketPORT 467 flatbed
> scanner
>
> scanimage --mode Color --resolution 300 --format=jpeg >image.jpeg -x 200 -y
> 290
>
> - Resolution, format, color and basic options seem to be supported,
> - It does not detect end of document automatically, need to specify x and y
> - Callibration is not available:
>      scanimage --calibrate []
>      scanimage: setting of option --calibrate failed (Operation not
> supported)
> - Height of the image is ok, but not the width, the scanned image is
> streched.
>

> Regards

	Hello,

	it seems the motor of the 468 is different, which explains stretching and
trouble detecting end of document. Try to change the motor id to
MOTOR_ROADWARRIOR. A sample of the stretched picture would be interesting.

	The 'calibrate' issue is strange. When running xsane, go to the
'advanced' window. There should be a 'calibrate' button.

Regards,
	Stef