[sane-devel] Thread code review and testers

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Nov 7 16:55:23 UTC 2011

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> I'll try the latest git checkout plus this patch and see if it works any
> better for me.

The latest git + only your patch now compiles on the first try. However,
the resulting DLL doesn't find the scanner. sane-find-scanner.exe finds
the USB device, but scanimage.exe and my program that uses libsane.dll
do not find the scanner.

I had a feeling it is looking for the config file to reference the USB
vendor ID and product ID, but it cannot find it. I moved the *.conf
files into the same directory as the runtime DLL and EXE files and now
the scanner is found. Scanning works, too.

I would guess that between .21 and .22 that the config file handling
changed? It would be nice to have the Windows binaries look for the
config files in a few sub-directories besides the current directory.
(./etc, ../etc ./)

Unfortunately this trick doesn't make the 64-bit DLL work. Something
else is wrong.