[sane-devel] samsung scx-4833

Roberto A. Foglietta roberto.foglietta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 08:59:50 UTC 2011

2011/10/3 Roberto A. Foglietta <roberto.foglietta at gmail.com>:
> Hi to all,
>
>  I would like to know if exist sane support for samsung scx-4833fr
> over ethernet?
>
>  I read in this page [¹] that has been integrated in ubuntu 10.10 and
> newer but I did not find in the supported devices into your sane
> project page [²].
>
> [¹] http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10594874&postcount=2
> [²] http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-SAMSUNG

Sorry for having asked here in developing list.

Here the complete instructions to make it works for sake of completeness

# you should be root
sudo -s

echo "deb http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/ debian extra"
>/etc/apt/sources.list.d/samsung-drivers.list
wget -O - http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/suldr.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
apt-get update

# necessary if previously installed
/opt/Samsung/mfp/uninstall/uninstall.sh

apt-get install cupsys-common samsungmfp-netdiscovery
samsungmfp-network samsungmfp-lpr samsungmfp-scanner samsungmfp-driver
samsungmfp-data samsungmfp-configurator-qt4
samsungmfp-configurator-data

# Ubuntu seems be confortable with this
mv -f /usr/lib/libquiloaderex.so.4 /usr/lib/libquiloaderex.so
ln -sf /usr/lib/libquiloaderex.so /usr/lib/libquiloaderex.so.4
ldconfig

# returning desktop user
exit
scanimage -L

# it shows something like that, take note of $IP_ADDRESS
# device `smfp:SAMSUNG SCX-483x 5x3x on 192.168.1.6' is a SAMSUNG
SCX-483x 5x3x on 192.168.1.6 Flatbed Scanner

# using GUI as user
System (Sistema)
Administration (Amministrazione)
Printers (Stampa)
[+] Network printers (Stampante di rete)
Host: $IP_ADDRESS
Port number: 9100
Go (Avanti)

# this could be useful to check installation
/opt/Samsung/mfp/bin/Configurator

 Cheers,
--
Dott. Roberto A. Foglietta,