[sane-devel] HP Scanjet Professional 3000

Denny Seniazi gdna7803 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 16:26:16 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

I am trying to get the above scanner (HP Scanjet Professional 3000) to work with OpenSuse 12.1. I have not found it in the list. lsusb gives:
ID 03f0:3d05 Hewlett-Packard.
I have currently installed SANE backends 1.0.22, but have not really tried to do anything with it, as the scanner is not listed.
What could I do to get the scanner working, without risking damaging the hardware (since it is kind of an expensive one).

I appreciate any help. I am sorry if I forgot any useful info or overlooked any information on the web page that would render this mail redundant.