[sane-devel] HP Scanjet Professional 3000

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Apr 23 20:28:15 UTC 2012

Le jeudi 12 avril 2012 19:26:16 Denny Seniazi a écrit :
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am trying to get the above scanner (HP Scanjet Professional 3000) to work
> with OpenSuse 12.1. I have not found it in the list. lsusb gives: ID
> 03f0:3d05 Hewlett-Packard.
> I have currently installed SANE backends 1.0.22, but have not really tried
> to do anything with it, as the scanner is not listed. What could I do to
> get the scanner working, without risking damaging the hardware (since it is
> kind of an expensive one).
>
> I appreciate any help. I am sorry if I forgot any useful info or overlooked
> any information on the web page that would render this mail redundant.

	Hello,

	the output of the 'sane-find-scanner' program could be very interesting.
It may find which chipset is used in your scanner. This program comes in the
'tools' sub-directory of sane-backends. Running it as root will make sure no
permission problems are getting into your way. It is advisable to run the most
recent version, from git.

Regards,
	Stef