[sane-devel] Canon DR-9050C

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 17:42:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Philip Gwyn <philipgwyn at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> yes- but more likely that the driver does not send set_window if you
>> don't change any of the params in it. you might need to power cycle
>> the scanner each time.
>

> But I do change the params for resolution, mode etc.  Without a power cycle,
> though.  Will try that.
>
> BTW, I'm beginning to suspect that most of the scanner's features are in
> fact implemented in the driver.  For params like -t, -l, -x, -y this makes
> sense because the entire page has to be feed through the scanner anyway.
>
> -Philip

It is fairly normal for low-end scanners to do many features in
software. Given the price of the scanner in question, i would expect
it to be a little smarter than that. The size of your pcap files
should vary as you change the x/y values. I will also be more
explicit- there is no reason to assume the canon proprietary sane
driver fully exercises the capabilities of the machine. I would expect
the windows driver to be more complete.

allan