[sane-devel] Canon DR-9050C

Philip Gwyn philipgwyn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:02:58 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is fairly normal for low-end scanners to do many features in
> software. Given the price of the scanner in question, i would expect
> it to be a little smarter than that. The size of your pcap files
> should vary as you change the x/y values. I will also be more
> explicit- there is no reason to assume the canon proprietary sane
> driver fully exercises the capabilities of the machine. I would expect
> the windows driver to be more complete.

I think the DR-9050C is the "low-end" of the DR series.  At least my client
bought it because they wanted a less expensive back up for their DR-9080s.

And yes, I figured the Windows driver would be better.  I've been resisting
setting up VirtualBox and a Windows VM because I dislike Windows and it
seems like an annoying level of effort.   I'm going to give USBlyser a spin
first.

-Philip