[sane-devel] Canon CanoScan 9000F - forgotten?

Fabio Lanza lanza.fabio at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:07:17 UTC 2012

Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo <at> gmail.com> writes:

> sorry, not enough time to do this yet.
>
> Regards,
> Gernot
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 4:03 AM, Einar Lygre <eilygre <at> broadpark.no> wrote:
>
>     In February 2011 shugyo ( Gernot Hassenpflug) wrote in Debian User
>     Forums :  The Canoscan 9000F will NOT be in the next SANE minor
>       release 1.0.22, for which the freeze deadline has already passed.
>     And I will submit my code to the maintainer to approval
>       hopefully this weekend, and report in this thread on developments
>       in regard to adding the code to CVS (probably only possible
>       shortly after the release of SANE 1.0.22 in mid-February).
>     CanoScan 9000F is not in the list for supported devices in release
>     1.0.22, but nor is it in the list list for devices supported by
>     sane-backends-1.0.23git. It is even not mentioned as untested. What
>     happens?
>
>     Einar Lygre

Hi,
CanoScan 9000F does not appear in the list of SANE release 1.0.22 (no available
information on document update)

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-supported-devices.html

but now it does appear in the list of SANE release 1.0.23git (updated Mon Jul 2
01:12:06 2012)

http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-mfgs-cvs.html

and is reported to be completely supported.

I am a newbie and the difference between the two lists is not very clear to me:
if I were to install it, how should I do? (I am currently using Fedora 16)
Thank you for your time and your efforts. :-)

Fabio Lanza