[sane-devel] C++ in sane backend

Jon Chambers jon at jon.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 21:05:14 UTC 2012

+1

It's a while since I added any SANE code but in my current employment I work
on a cross-platform C++ library and can confirm in this day and age there are
still irritatingly noticeable differences between C++ compilers (eg: between
the various versions of the Microsoft compilers and gcc).

C is definitely more portable.

cheers,
Jon