[sane-devel] Supporting the Powerslide/DigitDia Slide Scanner

Klaus Kaempf kkaempf at suse.de
Fri Jul 27 13:48:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

thanks to my employer, SUSE Linux, with its regular 'hack weeks'
(http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Hackweek) I was able to spend a week on
a SANE backend for the Powerslide/DigitDia Slide Scanner.

See https://github.com/kkaempf/sane-backends, file backend/pie.c

The code is still largely unfinished, but I was able to decipher the
basic protocol (scsi over usb :-/) and can now reverse-engineer from there.

The driver doesn't actually scan yet, that's still a couple of
coding evenings away ;-)

I'm now looking for
- other users of this scanner wanting to give it a try
- some hints how to get the code upstream

Enjoy,

Klaus
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany