[sane-devel] sane-brightness range

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Fri Jul 27 18:32:28 UTC 2012

On 27/07/2012 14:14, Ganapati Hegde wrote:
> Hi Stef ,
>

> I could not find the option to disable/enable 'Automatic image
> enchancement' under the SetUp menu. However there is an Enhancement tab
> under the Preferences->Setup, which shows an option for ' Auto enhance
> gamma', 'Perfect scan area' and 'c'.
>
> Since Device is capable of giving us the Brightened image as per our
> brightness range, I do not want XSANE to apply the Brightness to the
> image obtained from the device.
>
> Let me know how can I Disable/Hide the XSANE Brightness and use my own
> Device Brightness feature.
>
> Regards
> Ganapati Hegde

     Hello,

     these are the right options. Un-check the 'Auto correct colors' and
'Auto enhance gamma' check-boxes. Then apply the changes. When back to
the main window, set gamma to 1.0, and brightness and contrast to 0.0 .
They are those used by xsane, not the ones from backend which should be
displayed in the adavnced option window.

Regards,
     Stef